Tong Ren Tui Na Training – October 2012 (Haverhill MA)
Learning Tong Ren Tui Na Training with Monica Calvo
Date: October 7 and 14, 2012
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Instructor: Mónica Calvo. Tom Tam Healing and Tong Ren Certification, LMT (licensed massage therapist),Traditional Chinese Medicine Certified, Wangjing Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Science
Location: Oriental Culture Institute. 85 Essex St. Haverhill, MA 01832
Course Fee: $300
For registration and information please contact Mónica Calvo. 617.605.3308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a 2-day workshop to teach introductory Tong Ren Tui Na stimulation technique to open the blockage. According to Tom Tam Healing System, stimulating the blockages along the central nervous system and spine will restore bio electrical signals in the body and change the biochemistry. Stimulation can be done in different forms: Tong Ren Tui-Na is one of them. This course will provide the initial steps to do hands-on training to help family and friends in need. We will also learn other stimulation techniques: Pa-Kwa (cupping), Gua-Sha (to scrape away), heat, Acustone™ (developed by Mónica Calvo based on Tom Tam Healing System). We’ll continue with hands-on practice.
- Introduction to Tong Ren Healing: Philosophy of the blockage. Bioelectricity and biochemistry. The role of energy in the healing process
- How to open blockages with Tong Ren: Energy-flow based theory
- Different types of blockage stimulation based on Tom Tam's Healing System
- What is Tui Na: Differences between Tong Ren Tui Na and traditional medical Tui Na
- What to look for: How to feel the blockage
- Introduction to Pa-Kwa (fire cupping), plastic cupping, gua-sha (scrape technique), heat vs cold, acustone and overview of biowave healing
- Hands on training with all techniques. Participants will practice on each other.