April 2011 Tong Ren Training – Florence Italy
Upcoming Tong Ren training in Florence Italy
When: April 16-17, 2011
Where: Clinica Dr. Giovanni Cellerini – Via della Repubblica, 121 Tavarnuzze 50023 (Firenze)
Course fee: 250€
For registration and information in Italy, please contact Nadia at +39 055 2020503 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to receive additional information from the U.S.A. please contact Monica Calvo at (1) 617-605-3308 or email@example.com
Instructor – Mónica Calvo
Mónica Calvo, Tom Tam Healing and Tong Ren Certification, LMT (licensed massage therapist), Chinese Medical Sciences (Wangjing Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences)
This is a 2-day workshop to teach Tong Ren Tui Na massage with focus on the blockage theory, how to find the blockage, and how to stimulate the blocked area in order to make the energy flow so that the body can regain its balance and heals by itself. Stimulation can be done in different forms. In addition to Tui Na, this course will also provide a stimulation technique called Acustone™ –developed by Monica Calvo through the observation of Tom Tam’s Healing System, along with the practice of Cupping and Gua Sha.
The course will consist of two parts: lecture and hands-on practice, in which all the participants will be involved in order to give and receive treatment.
DAY 1 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
1. INTRODUCTION TO TONG REN HEALING: Philosophy of the blockage. Biolectricity and biochemistry. The role of energy in the healing process.
2. HOW TO OPEN THE BLOCKAGE WITH TONG REN: Energy-flow based theory.
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF BLOCKAGE STIMULATION BASED ON TOM TAM’S HEALING SYSTEM
4. DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TONG REN TUI NA AND TRADITIONAL TUI NA
5. WHAT TO LOOK FOR. HOW TO FEEL THE BLOCKAGE.
DAY 2 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
6. COMPLETE TUI NA STIMULATION
7. TUI NA HANDS-ON TRAINING
8. GUA-SHA, CUPPING (PA KUA)
10. COMPREHENSIVE PRACTICE
11. CONCLUSIONS, REFLECTIONS. DO’S AND DONT’S FOR TONG REN PRACTITIONERS
• Hands-out provided.
• Certificates will be given to those who fulfill the required hours.
• Additional bibliography available.
• Classes will be taught primarily in English. Italian interpreters will be present. Spanish-speakers are also welcome.
Please wear comfortable clothes since you will give and receive treatment.