October – Tong Ren and Tui Na Training
Tom Tam Healing System, Tong Ren Training, and Tui Na Training
Date: October 16 and 23, 2011
Time: 9am – 4pm
Location: 85 Essex St, Haverhill MA
Instructor: Mónica Calvo, Tom Tam Healing and Tong Ren Certification, LMT (licensed massage therapist), Chinese Medical Sciences (Wangjing Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences)
Course fee: $250
For registration and information please contact Mónica Calvo at 617-605-3308 or email@example.com
This is a 2-day workshop to teach Tong Ren Tui Na massage with focus on the blockage theory, how to find the blockage, and how to stimulate the blocked area in order to make the energy flow so that the body can regain its balance and heals by itself. Stimulation can be done in different forms. In addition to Tui Na, this course will also provide a stimulation technique called Acustone™ –developed by Monica Calvo through the observation of Tom Tam’s Healing System, along with the practice of Cupping and Gua Sha.
The course will consist of two parts: lecture and hands-on practice, in which all the participants will be involved in order to give and receive treatment.
DAY 1 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
1. INTRODUCTION TO TONG REN HEALING: Philosophy of the blockage. Bioelectricity and biochemistry. The role of energy in the healing process.
2. HOW TO OPEN THE BLOCKAGE WITH TONG REN: Energy-flow based theory.
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF BLOCKAGE STIMULATION BASED ON TOM TAM’S HEALING SYSTEM
4. DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TONG REN TUI NA AND TRADITIONAL TUI NA
5. WHAT TO LOOK FOR. HOW TO FEEL THE BLOCKAGE.
DAY 2 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
6. COMPLETE TUI NA STIMULATION
7. TUI NA HANDS-ON TRAINING
8. GUA-SHA, CUPPING (PA KUA)
10. COMPREHENSIVE PRACTICE
11. CONCLUSIONS, REFLECTIONS. DO’S AND DONT’S FOR TONG REN PRACTITIONERS
• Hands-out provided.
• Certificates will be given to those who fulfill the required hours.
• Additional bibliography available.
Please wear comfortable clothes since you will give and receive treatment.