Tui Na Training – Haverhill MA (May 2012)
Tom Tam Healing System
Oriental Culture Institute, Haverhill MA
Introduction to Tong Ren Tui Na, part two training
Date: MAY 6, 2012 9 A.M. – 4 P.M.
Instructor: Mónica Calvo, Tom Tam Healing and Tong Ren Certification, LMT (licensed massage therapist),Traditional Chinese Medicine Certified, Wangjing Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Science
Location: Oriental Culture Institute
85 Essex Street, Haverhill MA
Course fee: $150.00
For registration and information please contact Mónica Calvo at 617-605-3308 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.monicacalvo.com
This is a 1-day workshop to teach introductory Tong Ren Tui Na stimulation technique to open the blockage. According to Tom Tam Healing System, stimulating the blocked areas will restore bioelectrical signals in the body and change the biochemistry.
Stimulation can be done in different forms: Tong Ren Tui-Na is one of them. This course will review and reinforce the topics on Tui Na taught in Part 1, and we will learn other stimulation techniques: Pa-Kwa (cupping), Gua-Sha (to scrape away), heat, Acustone™ (developed by Mónica Calvo based on Tom Tam Healing System) … and we will continue with hands-on practice.
1. OVERVIEW TONG REN HEALING THEORY: Philosophy of the blockage. Bioelectricity and biochemistry. The role of energy in the healing process.
2. TUI-NA: The role of our hands to open the blockage in the healing process.
3. TONG REN TUI-NA IS DIFFERENT THAN ORTHODOX TUI-NA
4. WHAT TO LOOK FOR. Visual clues given by our body.
5. INTRODUCTION TO PA-KWA (FIRE CUPPING), PLASTIC CUPPING, GUA-SHA (TO SCRAPE AWAY), HEAT VS. COLD, ACUSTONE™
6. HANDS-ON TRAINING (ON ALL TECHNIQUES). All the participants should agree to work on each other.
• Additional bibliography available.
§§§ Please wear comfortable clothes since you will give and receive treatment.